Velocity Reviews

-   -   Response.Buffer vs. Response.BufferOutput (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t112196-response-buffer-vs-response-bufferoutput.html)

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9l?= 10-24-2005 01:57 PM

Response.Buffer vs. Response.BufferOutput

Could someone please explain the practical differences between
Response.Buffer and Response.BufferOutput?

TIA,
--
Joe

VB.NET/C#/ASP.NET/ASP/VB/C++/Web and DB development/VBA Automation

Karl Seguin 10-24-2005 02:13 PM

Re: Response.Buffer vs. Response.BufferOutput

There is none.

Response.Buffer relies on Response.BufferOutput

public bool Buffer
{
get
{
return this.BufferOutput;
}
set
{
this.BufferOutput = value;
}
}

Karl

--
MY ASP.Net tutorials
http://www.openmymind.net/

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9l?= 10-24-2005 02:26 PM

Re: Response.Buffer vs. Response.BufferOutput

Thanks Karl. Then why have two?

Patrice 10-24-2005 03:29 PM

Re: Response.Buffer vs. Response.BufferOutput

The first thing that comes to my mind would be legacy support for ASP
(Buffer) and one made "clearer" (BufferOutput else it could be thought as
being the underlying buffer).
--
Patrice

Karl Seguin 10-24-2005 03:58 PM

Re: Response.Buffer vs. Response.BufferOutput

Probably :)

Karl

--
MY ASP.Net tutorials
http://www.openmymind.net/

Vadivel Kumar 10-25-2005 01:40 PM

Re: Response.Buffer vs. Response.BufferOutput

Actually, the Response.Buffer is for backward compatibility for previous versions of .NET, otherwise both are doing the same job.

But, you can use Response.BufferOutput.