Velocity Reviews

-   -   Thunderbird filters "active" but not "active" (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t11202-thunderbird-filters-active-but-not-active.html)

=?ISO-8859-2?Q?Rafa=B3_=A3o=BFy=F1ski?= 05-14-2005 11:01 AM

Thunderbird filters "active" but not "active"

I use 4 filters and every filter has "active" status. Everything works
well manually but automaticall not. Why? What should I change?

--
Thanks in advance

Rafał Łożyński

Doug G 05-14-2005 02:24 PM

Re: Thunderbird filters "active" but not "active"

Rafał Łożyński wrote:

> I use 4 filters and every filter has "active" status. Everything works
> well manually but automaticall not. Why? What should I change?

A filter at the top of the list may be acting on incoming mail before
the filters below it. Try rearranging the filter list.

=?ISO-8859-2?Q?Rafa=B3_=A3o=BFy=F1ski?= 05-15-2005 12:39 PM

Re: Thunderbird filters "active" but not "active"

These filters are not conflicted.
Rearanging doas not work unfortunately.

Rafal

Moz Champion 05-17-2005 08:01 PM

Rafał Łożyński wrote:
> These filters are not conflicted.
> Rearanging doas not work unfortunately.
>
> Rafal
>

> Doug G napisał(a)/wrote:
>
>> Rafał Łożyński wrote:
>>
>>> I use 4 filters and every filter has "active" status. Everything
>>> works well manually but automaticall not. Why? What should I change?
>>>

>> A filter at the top of the list may be acting on incoming mail before
>> the filters below it. Try rearranging the filter list.

Are the filters activated on the same account these messages come in on?

If you are using the global inbox for example, the filters must be
listed there, not in the account inbox

A filter on one account wont apply to a second account

=?ISO-8859-2?Q?Rafa=B3_=A3o=BFy=F1ski?= 05-17-2005 09:17 PM

Re: Thunderbird filters "active" but not "active"

I have three eMail servers and one Local folder.
Everynew eMail goes to the Local folder. Where I should define these
filters?
1. On eMail account?
2. On Local folder?

Pozdrawiam

Rafał Łożyński

Moz Champion 05-18-2005 07:27 AM

Rafał Łożyński wrote:
> I have three eMail servers and one Local folder.
> Everynew eMail goes to the Local folder. Where I should define these
> filters?
> 1. On eMail account?
> 2. On Local folder?
>
> Pozdrawiam
>
> Rafał Łożyński
>

> Moz Champion napisał(a)/wrote:
>
>> Rafał Łożyński wrote:
>>
>>> These filters are not conflicted.
>>> Rearanging doas not work unfortunately.
>>>
>>> Rafal

>> Are the filters activated on the same account these messages come in on?
>>
>> If you are using the global inbox for example, the filters must be
>> listed there, not in the account inbox
>>
>> A filter on one account wont apply to a second account

Where the messages come in, the local folders inbox

for some reason I cant reply directly to your posts, I have to write the
message elsewhere and copy/paste

You have specified ISO 8859-2 as the font, and are sending in 8 bit
characters
I dont even have a listing for ISO 8858-2 tho I do have a ISO 8859-1