Velocity Reviews

-   -   How large can I let one .dll get? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t111753-how-large-can-i-let-one-dll-get.html)

tonicvodka 10-17-2005 11:14 AM

How large can I let one .dll get?

Hi all!

I'm having some decisive trouble here.

Building a website for a company with a lot of different features using
several different databases, is it bad to build it all under one roof?

My concern is that the dll will get so large, would it be better to
build several small projects, with there own little dlls?

Thanks for all input,
Niclas

Lucas Tam 10-17-2005 12:13 PM

Re: How large can I let one .dll get?

"tonicvodka" <tonicvodka@hotmail.com> wrote in
news:1129547646.017532.209150@g43g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com:

> Building a website for a company with a lot of different features using
> several different databases, is it bad to build it all under one roof?

The DLLs won't get very big very fast... but your source code will : )

> My concern is that the dll will get so large, would it be better to
> build several small projects, with there own little dlls?

Yes, probably - especially if the functions are distinct and isolated. This
way you can use resuse the DLLs in multiple projects.

--
Lucas Tam (REMOVEnntp@rogers.com)

Newmarket Volvo Sucks! http://newmarketvolvo.tripod.com