Velocity Reviews

-   -   Error: Cannot access ASP compatibility mode (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t111484-error-cannot-access-asp-compatibility-mode.html)

Vycka 10-12-2005 02:45 PM

Error: Cannot access ASP compatibility mode

Hello,

There is a enterprise web application that is based on asp.net technologies
and works on Microsoft IIS. The total number of users is 850. When the load
of system gets very high, the system stops working and all users are
receiving an error (see at the bottom). Doing IISRESET or restarting server
helps (but just until the next big load).

Additional information:
- Server OS MS Windows Server 2003 Standard edition SP1
- System is using Microsoft SQL Server 2000 SP3
- .NET Framework 1.1

Any advices are appreciated.

Vycka

Error:
Cannot access ASP compatibility mode

Stack Trace:

[HttpException (0x80004005): Cannot access ASP compatibility mode.]

[HttpException (0x80004005): Exception of type System.Web.HttpException was
thrown.]
System.Web.HttpAsyncResult.End() +54
System.Web.UI.Page.AspCompatEndProcessRequest(IAsy ncResult result) +15
ASP.Form_aspx.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult ar) in
c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Tempo rary ASP.NET
Files\doclogix\76b6160a\f0c93880\b_c1fboy.0.cs:0
System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.Htt pApplication+IExecutionStep.Execute()
+154
System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionS tep step, Boolean&
completedSynchronously) +173

Juan T. Llibre 10-12-2005 03:16 PM

Re: Error: Cannot access ASP compatibility mode

Vycka,

could I ask you why you need ASP compatibility mode turned on ?

Are you accessing an apartment-threaded COM
component, like ADO, through an ASP.NET page ?

You only need ASPCompat turned on if the ASP page you are porting
uses apartment-threaded COM components or COM components that
access the ASP-intrinsic objects.

Otherwise this directive is not required and can be safely eliminated.

If you *are* using ADO, the solution is
to port the database access to ADO.NET.

Turning ASP Compatibility on kills ASP.NET performance.
That's why you only see the problem with large server loads.

Juan T. Llibre, ASP.NET MVP
ASP.NET FAQ : http://asp.net.do/faq/
Foros de ASP.NET en Espaņol : http://asp.net.do/foros/