Velocity Reviews

-   -   How to run code whenever asp process starts? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t109510-how-to-run-code-whenever-asp-process-starts.html)

cremoni@gmail.com 09-08-2005 11:45 PM

How to run code whenever asp process starts?

How can I run some special start up code everytime the asp.net process
starts?

Karl Seguin 09-09-2005 01:50 AM

Re: How to run code whenever asp process starts?

Use the Application_Start of the global.asax

Karl

--
MY ASP.Net tutorials
come!)

news:1126223123.979834.271480@o13g2000cwo.googlegr oups.com...

cremoni@gmail.com 09-09-2005 07:28 PM

Re: How to run code whenever asp process starts?

How can I get a notification when ASPNET_WP starts? I need some way of
starting the app automatically when the ASP process is restarted.

Basically, we're just trying to make sure that our server app is always
running. When ASPNET_WP gets "randomly" restarted our app gets shut
down and doesn't start up again until somebody accesses a page.

I did try Karl's solution, but I only seem to get called when somebody
actually loads a page. I can't wait until somebody manually starts the
app - this process needs to always be running.

Of course, I was working on a debug machine, so my test environment
does not mirror a real-world app very well.