Velocity Reviews

-   -   can you change the generic MS icon that is assigned to Firefox? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t10887-can-you-change-the-generic-ms-icon-that-is-assigned-to-firefox.html)

Verizon User 03-30-2005 12:17 AM

can you change the generic MS icon that is assigned to Firefox?

When Firefox is running (on Win98SE), when you minimze the window, the bar
at the bottom of the screen reads "FIREFOX" but it has a generic microsoft
windows icon next to it (ie Explorer has the blue E, outlook express has the
envelope icon, etc)

How can I get the Firefox icon into that window bar?

Leonidas Jones 03-30-2005 03:59 AM

Re: can you change the generic MS icon that is assigned to Firefox?

Verizon User wrote:
> When Firefox is running (on Win98SE), when you minimze the window, the bar
> at the bottom of the screen reads "FIREFOX" but it has a generic microsoft
> windows icon next to it (ie Explorer has the blue E, outlook express has the
> envelope icon, etc)
>
> How can I get the Firefox icon into that window bar?

I am sure that I answered this exact question in this group just a
couple of days ago.

Yes, search for thread with the subject, Firefox 1.0.2 and my wacky
taskbar icons.

My responses there should contain all the information you need.

Lee

Ralph Fox 03-30-2005 08:08 AM

Re: can you change the generic MS icon that is assigned to Firefox?

See http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/tips#app_icon

You may also be interested in http://iconpacks.mozdev.org/docs/faq.html