Velocity Reviews

-   -   Running ASP.NET server side code from JavaScript... (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t108785-running-asp-net-server-side-code-from-javascript.html)

Charlie@NISH 08-26-2005 05:54 PM

Running ASP.NET server side code from JavaScript...

Hi:

What technologies are available in ASP.NET for running Server side code from
a JavaScript function?

Thanks,
Charlie

sreejith.ram@gmail.com 08-26-2005 06:03 PM

Re: Running ASP.NET server side code from JavaScript...

http://ajax.schwarz-interactive.de/c...e/default.aspx

Martin Honnen 08-26-2005 06:13 PM

Charlie@NISH wrote:

> What technologies are available in ASP.NET for running Server side code from
> a JavaScript function?

Client-side JavaScript?
There what .NET on the server and IE/Win on the client support is web
services, so on the server you write a web service with .NET (.NET
allows that easily with .asmx pages and declaring methods as
[WebMethod]) which then provides a WSDL description of your web service
and on the IE client you use the web service behavior (search
msdn.microsoft.com for that) to load that WSDL description and then make
your client-side calls to the web service and receive the response in a
callback function.

Mozilla also has some support to create a client-side proxy object from
the WSDL description of a server-side web service but interoperability
with .NET web services is rather poor as far as I have found.

If you need broader client support then the latest versions of Mozilla,
Opera, Safari and Konqueror all have XMLHttpRequest support so you can
use that to send and receive XML data to/from the server, see
<http://www.faqts.com/knowledge_base/view.phtml/aid/17226/fid/616>
ASP.NET of course can easily parse/process/create XML.

--

Martin Honnen --- MVP XML
http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

=?Utf-8?B?TWF0SGVydGVs?= 10-08-2005 03:32 PM

RE: Running ASP.NET server side code from JavaScript...

Have a look at
http://www.codeproject.com/soap/JavaScriptProxy_01.asp
and
http://mathertel.devhost1.centron.ne...e/Default.aspx