Velocity Reviews

-   -   Thunderbird: shutting off viewing window (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t10792-thunderbird-shutting-off-viewing-window.html)

Dennis J. Tuchler 03-16-2005 11:39 PM

Thunderbird: shutting off viewing window

How does one set up Thunderbird so that when the title of a piece of
e-mail is highlighted the contents do not automatically appear in a
window? I want to be able to delete suspicious pieces of mail without
having their contents revealed.

Tnanks

dj tuchler

Danny Colyer 03-16-2005 11:49 PM

Re: Thunderbird: shutting off viewing window

Dennis J. Tuchler wondered:
> How does one set up Thunderbird so that when the title of a piece of
> e-mail is highlighted the contents do not automatically appear in a
> window? I want to be able to delete suspicious pieces of mail without
> having their contents revealed.

Hit F8.

graeme@invalid 03-17-2005 12:32 AM

Dennis J. Tuchler wrote:
> How does one set up Thunderbird so that when the title of a piece of
> e-mail is highlighted the contents do not automatically appear in a
> window? I want to be able to delete suspicious pieces of mail without
> having their contents revealed.
>
> Tnanks
>
> dj tuchler

I had the same problem so I chose a view without a split pane, go to
view\layout\choose classic view\remove tick from message panel f8
--
So long and thanks for all the fish.

no-spam 03-17-2005 08:18 AM

Dennis J. Tuchler wrote:
> How does one set up Thunderbird so that when the title of a piece of
> e-mail is highlighted the contents do not automatically appear in a
> window? I want to be able to delete suspicious pieces of mail without
> having their contents revealed.

press F8

or install an Extension :)

Toggle Preview Pane 0.7

this adds a button to the toolbar so you can
toggle the prieview window on and off

installing an extension may appear to be overkill -
it depends on whether clicking an icon or
pressing the keyboard fits with the way you work, I suppose