Velocity Reviews

-   -   Close Form/Webpage and hyperlink back to Original Page (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t107549-close-form-webpage-and-hyperlink-back-to-original-page.html)

=?Utf-8?B?THluZXJz?= 08-04-2005 03:45 PM

Close Form/Webpage and hyperlink back to Original Page

I am trying to figure out how to do this.

I have created a form on a webpage that shows users that you can edit or
delete. I have a hyperlink to another webpage that adds users. The "Add
Users" webpage has 2 buttons for it, one for canceling, the other for
updating. I want to be able on both buttons, that when they are clicked, the
webpage is closed and the original page comes up with the new information in
it. I figure it is just hyperlinks within the behind the scenes code, but I
am unsure how to do it. I am using VS 2003, ASP.NET, with VB.NET. Any
examples or guidance is appreciated.

Curt_C [MVP] 08-04-2005 03:50 PM

Re: Close Form/Webpage and hyperlink back to Original Page

Lyners wrote:
> I am trying to figure out how to do this.
>
> I have created a form on a webpage that shows users that you can edit or
> delete. I have a hyperlink to another webpage that adds users. The "Add
> Users" webpage has 2 buttons for it, one for canceling, the other for
> updating. I want to be able on both buttons, that when they are clicked, the
> webpage is closed and the original page comes up with the new information in
> it. I figure it is just hyperlinks within the behind the scenes code, but I
> am unsure how to do it. I am using VS 2003, ASP.NET, with VB.NET. Any
> examples or guidance is appreciated.

Look at a Modal form and catch the return, causing your page to refresh.
This is mostly a clientside/javascript issue then though.

--
Curt Christianson
site: http://www.darkfalz.com