Velocity Reviews

-   -   opening exe files with mozilla (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t10748-opening-exe-files-with-mozilla.html)

bstern 03-10-2005 04:35 PM

opening exe files with mozilla

hello

when I upgrade a program I already have on the pc, it usually tells me
to choose "run" or "open". However I cannot get Mozilla to run the
file, I get a message saying it doesn't know what to do with it. Is
there an extension that will open exe files?

Thanks

Leonidas Jones 03-10-2005 05:54 PM

Re: opening exe files with mozilla

bstern wrote:
> hello
>
> when I upgrade a program I already have on the pc, it usually tells me
> to choose "run" or "open". However I cannot get Mozilla to run the
> file, I get a message saying it doesn't know what to do with it. Is
> there an extension that will open exe files?
>
> Thanks

No, thank God. Its a security issue. Download the exe file and run it
from your hard drive, after you've virus checked it.

Lee

bstern 03-10-2005 07:49 PM

Leonidas Jones wrote:
> bstern wrote:
>
>> hello
>>
>> when I upgrade a program I already have on the pc, it usually tells me
>> to choose "run" or "open". However I cannot get Mozilla to run the
>> file, I get a message saying it doesn't know what to do with it. Is
>> there an extension that will open exe files?
>>
>> Thanks

> No, thank God. Its a security issue. Download the exe file and run it
> from your hard drive, after you've virus checked it.
>
> Lee

I guess you are right about the security issue....I was just used to IE
asking me if I wanted it saved or opened.

888FOOD@mickydees.com 03-15-2005 07:12 AM

Re: opening exe files with mozilla

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 16:35:46 GMT, bstern <bstern@rochester.rr.com>
wrote:

>hello
>
>when I upgrade a program I already have on the pc, it usually tells me
>to choose "run" or "open". However I cannot get Mozilla to run the
>file, I get a message saying it doesn't know what to do with it. Is
>there an extension that will open exe files?
>
>Thanks

OH MY GOD......
DUDE - ARE YOU CRAZY?
DO YOU COLLECT VIRUSES FOR FUN?
YOU BETTER GO BACK TO COMPUTER SCHOOL !!!!

Yes I was screaming.......

Download it, scan for viruses and malware, then, IF its SAFE, you can
install it.

Oh, By the way....
You know those little picture ads that say
"Click on this picture to enlarge your penis".
They really don't enlarge you penis, it's just the picture that
enlarges.... However, a good woman can usually enlarge your penis,
and without any shipping fees. Handling fees are optional.

888FOOD