Velocity Reviews

-   -   Can't close tabs (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t10727-cant-close-tabs.html)

Perk 03-08-2005 03:11 AM

Can't close tabs

Hi all,

I just upgraded computers and re-installed my Firefox to the new one.
(in effect Win 98 to win XP). I can't seem to close individual tabs any
more on this one. If I press "Ctrl+W" it shuts down the whole program
instead of just that particular tab. There is no " close tab" option to
be found anywhere.

Wha hoppen ? ? ?

Thanks much,

Perk (:>)

--
NOTE - The return email address is intentionally wrong.
To respond to me personally please use the following :

graeme@invalid 03-08-2005 03:29 AM

Re: Can't close tabs

Perk wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just upgraded computers and re-installed my Firefox to the new one.
> (in effect Win 98 to win XP). I can't seem to close individual tabs any
> more on this one. If I press "Ctrl+W" it shuts down the whole program
> instead of just that particular tab. There is no " close tab" option to
> be found anywhere.
>
> Wha hoppen ? ? ?
>
> Thanks much,
>
> Perk (:>)

I recently had a weird fault in FF, so I went to
start\programmes\firefox\ or the xp file structure (I don't know XP} and
started in safe mode. The fault disappeared which meant it was a theme
or extension causing the problem. Unfortunately it was my favourite
extension so I have had to live without it. I suggest you give safe
mode a try.

--
So long and thanks for all the fish.