Velocity Reviews

-   -   Web link in Thunderbird email - how to I make it use IE instead ofMozilla? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t10711-web-link-in-thunderbird-email-how-to-i-make-it-use-ie-instead-ofmozilla.html)

Steve Henderson 03-05-2005 11:36 PM

Web link in Thunderbird email - how to I make it use IE instead ofMozilla?

I use (and love) Thunderbird for my email and news groups. However, I
would like to use IE for my browsing software. But, when in Thunderbird,
if I click on a link, it automatically uses Mozilla... how do I change
that default action so that is uses IE?

Leonidas Jones 03-06-2005 05:25 AM

Re: Web link in Thunderbird email - how to I make it use IE insteadof Mozilla?

Steve Henderson wrote:
> I use (and love) Thunderbird for my email and news groups. However, I
> would like to use IE for my browsing software. But, when in Thunderbird,
> if I click on a link, it automatically uses Mozilla... how do I change
> that default action so that is uses IE?

Thunderbird is a standalone program, and is not tied to Mozilla. TB
will open links it your default browser. If you want that to be IE,
thought the rationale for that escapes me, you simply have to set IE as
your default browser.

Perhaps you should ask in a Microsoft newsgroup for directions on how to
set IE as your default browser.

lee