Velocity Reviews

-   -   Thunderbird attachment problem (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t10670-thunderbird-attachment-problem.html)

ALS 03-01-2005 04:13 PM

Thunderbird attachment problem

When I first installed Thunderbird, I had the attachments sent to a
folder I titled C:\attach to easily find and store attachments. This
worked fine for a while.

For some reason, even though this folder is still indicated under
"Options" to receive attachments, attachments stopped going to this
folder on November 15, 2004.

Any help appreicated on how I can get them directed back to the
indicated folder.

TIA.

ALS

Pun Krocker 03-01-2005 05:52 PM

Re: Thunderbird attachment problem

In article <3v4921hhjpkqipe2avprvfdc07sirog7j7@4ax.com>, ALS <> says...
> When I first installed Thunderbird, I had the attachments sent to a
> folder I titled C:\attach to easily find and store attachments. This
> worked fine for a while.
>
> For some reason, even though this folder is still indicated under
> "Options" to receive attachments, attachments stopped going to this
> folder on November 15, 2004.
>
> Any help appreicated on how I can get them directed back to the
> indicated folder.
>
> TIA.
>
> ALS

I did not think this was automatic?
It only selects the folder if I right click the attached file and select
"save as".

You could try :- Attachment Extractor Plugin, http://tinyurl.com/4qvvn

--
d{_}b PK

interviewing people who can't talk
for people who can't read".

ALS 03-01-2005 06:08 PM

Re: Thunderbird attachment problem

On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 17:52:44 -0000, Pun Krocker
<pun_krocker-NOSPAM-@hotmail.com> wrote:

>In article <3v4921hhjpkqipe2avprvfdc07sirog7j7@4ax.com>, ALS <> says...
>> When I first installed Thunderbird, I had the attachments sent to a
>> folder I titled C:\attach to easily find and store attachments. This
>> worked fine for a while.
>>
>> For some reason, even though this folder is still indicated under
>> "Options" to receive attachments, attachments stopped going to this
>> folder on November 15, 2004.
>>
>> Any help appreicated on how I can get them directed back to the
>> indicated folder.
>>
>> TIA.
>>
>> ALS
>>

>I did not think this was automatic?
>It only selects the folder if I right click the attached file and select
>"save as".
>
>You could try :- Attachment Extractor Plugin, http://tinyurl.com/4qvvn

That helps. It's not automatic (as the option implies when it asks
you where to send attachments), but it beats the alternative.

Thanks.

Moz Champion 03-01-2005 09:31 PM

ALS wrote:
> On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 17:52:44 -0000, Pun Krocker
> <pun_krocker-NOSPAM-@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

>>In article <3v4921hhjpkqipe2avprvfdc07sirog7j7@4ax.com>, ALS <> says...
>>
>>>When I first installed Thunderbird, I had the attachments sent to a
>>>folder I titled C:\attach to easily find and store attachments. This
>>>worked fine for a while.
>>>
>>>For some reason, even though this folder is still indicated under
>>>"Options" to receive attachments, attachments stopped going to this
>>>folder on November 15, 2004.
>>>
>>>Any help appreicated on how I can get them directed back to the
>>>indicated folder.
>>>
>>>TIA.
>>>
>>>ALS
>>>

>>I did not think this was automatic?
>>It only selects the folder if I right click the attached file and select
>>"save as".
>>
>>You could try :- Attachment Extractor Plugin, http://tinyurl.com/4qvvn

> That helps. It's not automatic (as the option implies when it asks
> you where to send attachments), but it beats the alternative.
>
> Thanks.

It could be clearer in preferences (tools options to you) but that
preference allows you to set the
Attachment Folder
And offers you a choice of selecting one every time
OR
having a common one

It doesnt automatically save attachments

ALS 03-02-2005 03:57 PM

Re: Thunderbird attachment problem

On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 21:31:06 GMT, Moz Champion
<moz.champion@sympatico.ca> wrote:

>ALS wrote:
>> On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 17:52:44 -0000, Pun Krocker
>> <pun_krocker-NOSPAM-@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>>In article <3v4921hhjpkqipe2avprvfdc07sirog7j7@4ax.com>, ALS <> says...

>>>I did not think this was automatic?
>>>It only selects the folder if I right click the attached file and select
>>>"save as".
>>>
>>>You could try :- Attachment Extractor Plugin, http://tinyurl.com/4qvvn

>> That helps. It's not automatic (as the option implies when it asks
>> you where to send attachments), but it beats the alternative.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>

>It could be clearer in preferences (tools options to you) but that
>preference allows you to set the
>Attachment Folder
>And offers you a choice of selecting one every time
> OR
>having a common one
>
>It doesnt automatically save attachments

Understood. Thanks for the clarification.

ALS