Velocity Reviews

-   -   Firefox: Can't clear cache in Toools | Options | Privacy (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t10661-firefox-cant-clear-cache-in-toools-options-privacy.html)

hal@laskfja.com 03-01-2005 02:47 AM

Firefox: Can't clear cache in Toools | Options | Privacy

Where in the hey do they hide the cache file?

I'm using Firefox ver. 1.0.

Z 03-01-2005 03:11 AM

Re: Firefox: Can't clear cache in Toools | Options | Privacy

hal@laskfja.com wrote:
> Where in the hey do they hide the cache file?
> I'm using Firefox ver. 1.0.

Tools > Options > Privacy > Cache > Clear

John 03-01-2005 03:30 AM

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 20:47:50 -0600, hal@laskfja.com wrote:

>Where in the hey do they hide the cache file?

Windows >> Application data >> Firefox >> Profiles >> _your_.default >> Cache

hal@laskfja.com 03-01-2005 06:01 AM

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 19:11:59 -0800, Z <Z@no.spam> wrote:

>hal@laskfja.com wrote:
>> Where in the hey do they hide the cache file?
>> I'm using Firefox ver. 1.0.

>Tools > Options > Privacy > Cache > Clear

That's what I said I tried. No workee.

hal@laskfja.com 03-01-2005 06:03 AM

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 22:30:39 -0500, John <nospam@nospam.ru> wrote:

>On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 20:47:50 -0600, hal@laskfja.com wrote:
>
>>Where in the hey do they hide the cache file?
>>

>Windows >> Application data >> Firefox >> Profiles >> _your_.default >> Cache

Thanks. That solves half the problem. I'm still wondering why the 'clear
cache' in the Options menu won't work.

..brian.. 03-01-2005 06:54 AM

hal@laskfja.com wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 22:30:39 -0500, John <nospam@nospam.ru> wrote:
>
> >On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 20:47:50 -0600, hal@laskfja.com wrote:
> >
> >>Where in the hey do they hide the cache file?
> >>

> >Windows >> Application data >> Firefox >> Profiles >>

_your_.default >> Cache

> Thanks. That solves half the problem. I'm still wondering why the

'clear
> cache' in the Options menu won't work.

What is wrong with your clear button?

hal@laskfja.com 03-01-2005 10:35 PM

Re: Firefox: Can't clear cache in Toools | Options | Privacy

On 28 Feb 2005 22:54:28 -0800, "..brian.." <p0nykilller@mailinator.com>
wrote:

>hal@laskfja.com wrote:

>> >Windows >> Application data >> Firefox >> Profiles >>

>_your_.default >> Cache
>>
>> Thanks. That solves half the problem. I'm still wondering why the

>'clear
>> cache' in the Options menu won't work.

>What is wrong with your clear button?

I wish I knew. I click it and nothing happens. All the others do their
jobs. It used to work, but something seems to screwed up this one
button. I guess I'll have to reinstall.

Drude 03-01-2005 11:08 PM

Re: Firefox: Can't clear cache in Toools | Options | Privacy

In article <7gr921522chtl347804j867giokf6q3ink@4ax.com>, hal@laskfja.com
says...
> On 28 Feb 2005 22:54:28 -0800, "..brian.." <p0nykilller@mailinator.com>
> wrote:
>

> >hal@laskfja.com wrote:

> >_your_.default >> Cache
> >>
> >> Thanks. That solves half the problem. I'm still wondering why the

> >'clear
> >> cache' in the Options menu won't work.

> >What is wrong with your clear button?

> I wish I knew. I click it and nothing happens. All the others do their
> jobs. It used to work, but something seems to screwed up this one
> button. I guess I'll have to reinstall.

Happened to me when I used FF sometimes too... Usually, if I simply
closed and then re-opened the program, it would work again/

Who knows why? One of the reasons I'm back on IE...

Drude

..brian.. 03-02-2005 02:08 AM

wrote:

> > >_your_.default >> Cache

the
> > >'clear
> > >
> > >What is wrong with your clear button?

> > I wish I knew. I click it and nothing happens. All the others do

their
> > jobs. It used to work, but something seems to screwed up this one
> > button. I guess I'll have to reinstall.
> >

> Happened to me when I used FF sometimes too... Usually, if I simply
> closed and then re-opened the program, it would work again/
>
> Who knows why? One of the reasons I'm back on IE...
>
> Drude

Because IE is a much smaller problem than a little "clear cache" button
;-)

Drude 03-02-2005 03:29 AM

Re: Firefox: Can't clear cache in Toools | Options | Privacy

In article <1109729297.052816.186540@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups .com>,
p0nykilller@mailinator.com says...

> Drude wrote:
> > In article <7gr921522chtl347804j867giokf6q3ink@4ax.com>,

> hal@laskfja.com
> > says...
> > > On 28 Feb 2005 22:54:28 -0800, "..brian.."

> <p0nykilller@mailinator.com>

> the

> > > I wish I knew. I click it and nothing happens. All the others do

> their
> > > jobs. It used to work, but something seems to screwed up this one
> > > button. I guess I'll have to reinstall.
> > >

> > Happened to me when I used FF sometimes too... Usually, if I simply
> > closed and then re-opened the program, it would work again/
> >
> > Who knows why? One of the reasons I'm back on IE...
> >
> > Drude

> Because IE is a much smaller problem than a little "clear cache" button
> ;-)

I said it was ONE of the problems that sent me back to IE.

I really like FF, I think it's a great browser. But... I DON'T think
it's perfect by any means, and was causing some problems on my computer
-especially with my soundcard, which is strange, but I'm not the only
one to experience it - also, the memory leaks and having to install 14
extensions, and having my profile corrupt every couple of weeks, and my
'empty cache' button refusing to work, and Thunderbird being no good at
binary newsgroups, and certain sites (only a handful, but still...)
either not working or crashing the browser... anyway...you know the
drill.

IE isn't perfect either, but it IS fast and reliable (and DON'T give me
the whole spyware/adware/malware thing...anyone who knows how to protect
their computer won't have problems with these things. I don't, and
never have had any problems with IE and viruses...) and does what I need
it to do without having to reconfigure it or add things to it every
couple of weeks.

Anyway... when the next full version of FF comes out, I will definitely
give it a try... but since it's about 50/50 with IE right now...there's
no sweat for me to give FF the boot.

For the time being...

Drude