Velocity Reviews

-   -   Thunderbird unusable for sending mail (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t10654-thunderbird-unusable-for-sending-mail.html)

Charles Cobb Jr 02-28-2005 08:33 PM

Thunderbird unusable for sending mail

I tried Thunderbird. Sort of liked its format. But it insisted on putting in
its own SMPT setting and prventing me from putting in my own (I have two
email addresses). Yes I went to tools and clicked on advanced but
Thunderbird insisted that the setting was 127.01.01. Fortunately there is no
critical need for the program so sadly, I've junked the program and will
stick with Eudora and Calypso and wait for a later, and I hope more usable
(for me, anyway), version of Thunderbird.

Leonidas Jones 03-01-2005 01:38 AM

Re: Thunderbird unusable for sending mail

Charles Cobb Jr wrote:
> I tried Thunderbird. Sort of liked its format. But it insisted on putting in
> its own SMPT setting and prventing me from putting in my own (I have two
> email addresses). Yes I went to tools and clicked on advanced but
> Thunderbird insisted that the setting was 127.01.01. Fortunately there is no
> critical need for the program so sadly, I've junked the program and will
> stick with Eudora and Calypso and wait for a later, and I hope more usable
> (for me, anyway), version of Thunderbird.

I have never seen Thunderbird do anything even remotely like this on its
own. If you want to try to explore why this is happening on your
system, and so far as I know yours alone, and hopefully find a
solutions, lets have at it. If you just want to complain, thats fine too.

Lee

Z 03-01-2005 02:29 AM

Charles Cobb Jr wrote:
> I tried Thunderbird. Sort of liked its format. But it insisted on putting in
> its own SMPT setting and prventing me from putting in my own (I have two
> email addresses). Yes I went to tools and clicked on advanced but
> Thunderbird insisted that the setting was 127.01.01. Fortunately there is no

Tools > Advanced?

Right click on the email acct, Properties, Outgoing Server (SMTP) ...

I had no problem setting my SMTP server.

Are you running an AV that is redirecting SMTP so that your outgoing
e-mail messages must pass through its scanner (on localhost)?

Charles Cobb Jr 03-01-2005 11:03 AM

Re: Thunderbird unusable for sending mail

Thank you for replying with a suggestion. Although there is no tools,
advanced. There is a tools, account setting from which I can go to servor
settings. But trying to break free of 127.01.01 didn't work there either.
However reinstalling Thunderbird and denying it permission to use settings
from Mozilla 1.75 did. I've not had this problem setting up either Eudora or
Calypso. Again, thanks for responding with advice.