Velocity Reviews

-   -   Firefox 1.0.1 released (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t10629-firefox-1-0-1-released.html)

Z 02-25-2005 05:36 AM

Firefox 1.0.1 released

"Firefox 1.0.1 has been officially released by the Mozilla Foundation,
with some important security fixes. An announcement and release notes
are available." Presumably this fixes the window injection vulnerabilities.

http://www.getfirefox.com/

Jennifer 02-26-2005 02:29 AM

Re: Firefox 1.0.1 released

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 21:36:50 -0800, Z <Z@no.spam> wrote:

>"Firefox 1.0.1 has been officially released by the Mozilla Foundation,
>with some important security fixes. An announcement and release notes
>are available." Presumably this fixes the window injection vulnerabilities.
>
>http://www.getfirefox.com/

Makes you wonder though when they say it will be released through
automatic updates in a few days.

They want to get responses from the brave who take it now? :-((

..brian.. 02-26-2005 04:11 AM

Re: Firefox 1.0.1 released

Jennifer wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 21:36:50 -0800, Z <Z@no.spam> wrote:
>
> >"Firefox 1.0.1 has been officially released by the Mozilla

Foundation,
> >with some important security fixes. An announcement and release

notes
> >are available." Presumably this fixes the window injection

vulnerabilities.

> >http://www.getfirefox.com/

> Makes you wonder though when they say it will be released through
> automatic updates in a few days.
>
> They want to get responses from the brave who take it now? :-((

Because they will release an update (patch) which is what the automatic
update feature will download in around 7-10 days -- not the large
upgrade file -- saving heavy load on the servers.

Sound good? I don't know if that is the official answer, but that's
what I'm sticking with ;-)

Plus I think they are still deciding (well probably already have by
now) whether to make a change to the 1.0.1 file, or release a 1.0.2.
--
Brian

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.6)
Gecko/20050225 Firefox/1.0.2