Velocity Reviews

-   -   Windows Service Timer Events (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t105832-windows-service-timer-events.html)

walterd 07-05-2005 08:54 PM

Windows Service Timer Events

Hi

How can I cause a windows service to fire the timer_elapsed event for
different time intervals? I have a windows service that should run some
processed at 3 minute interval, but I also want it to run some processes on,
say 5, 10 or 15 minutes depending on the configuration file.

Thanks in advance

Eliyahu Goldin 07-06-2005 10:34 AM

Re: Windows Service Timer Events

1. Allocate a separate thread for every process. Equip every process with
its own timer and set it to the interval needed for the process.

2. You question has nothing to do with asp.net. You would get more responses
in a more appropriate newsgroup.

Eliyahu