Velocity Reviews

-   -   job scheduler in .net (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t105623-job-scheduler-in-net.html)

=?Utf-8?B?QVZM?= 06-30-2005 07:11 AM

job scheduler in .net

Hi,
How do we schedule a job?Is there any alternative other than creating a
windows service?

Are there any job schedulers in .net? Any freeware?

Regs
Vijaya

Eliyahu Goldin 06-30-2005 09:18 AM

Re: job scheduler in .net

What about adding a Windows scheduled task with standard Windows tools?

Eliyahu

=?Utf-8?B?QVZM?= 06-30-2005 09:36 AM

Re: job scheduler in .net

Yes. This is one of the solution..
But I want to know if any tool or service which we can use directly in our
applications.........

Any tool like Quartz - Job scheduler in Java.....

Brendan Reynolds 06-30-2005 10:19 AM

Re: job scheduler in .net

This MSDN Magazine article may be of interest ...
http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/is...e/default.aspx

--
Brendan Reynolds (MVP)

=?Utf-8?B?QVZM?= 06-30-2005 12:36 PM

RE: job scheduler in .net

Thanks a lot..but do we have any third party tools which do the same..........

technisient 09-13-2012 06:33 PM

Samay .NET Scheduler

You might want to checkout Samay .NET Scheduler at dotnetscheduler .com

It is a stand-alone system automating all your .NET scheduler needs. It completely replaces Windows Services and Windows Task Scheduler for
scheduling background tasks like reporting, maintenance, nightly runs,
timers and other cron-like jobs.
It works well for small to enterprise level .NET projects.