Velocity Reviews

-   -   HOWTO: display database without refresh web page to query database (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t102630-howto-display-database-without-refresh-web-page-to-query-database.html)

=?Utf-8?B?U1M=?= 05-15-2005 05:18 AM

HOWTO: display database without refresh web page to query database

Hi,

I don't want to refresh a web page to query and display database.
I want the page shows information immediately when database changes.
What kind of technology or method would be able to perform this action?

Sean

Juan T. Llibre 05-15-2005 10:48 AM

Re: HOWTO: display database without refresh web page to query database

Osmosis ?

;-)

Seriously, do you want to have a page display a change
in a database *when the database is updated* ?

There's all kinds of techniques to do that, like a database-dependent
cache item, but it will be impossible to acquire new information from
the server if the client doesn't make a second trip to the server.

So, you *have* to either refresh the page or redirect to a new page.

Juan T. Llibre
ASP.NET MVP
http://asp.net.do/foros/
Foros de ASP.NET en Español
Ven, y hablemos de ASP.NET...
======================

=?Utf-8?B?U1M=?= 05-15-2005 06:43 PM

Re: HOWTO: display database without refresh web page to query data

Thanks for the reply.
How about the database trigger?
Can it trigger a web page to display when the database changes?
The web page will be like a client and listen to the database changes.
HOw can I do that?

Juan T. Llibre 05-15-2005 08:22 PM

Re: HOWTO: display database without refresh web page to query data

re:
> How about the database trigger?

How will the trigger know who to send the updated data to ?

re:
> The web page will be like a client and listen to the database changes.

I don't know how that could be done.

Juan T. Llibre
ASP.NET MVP
http://asp.net.do/foros/