Velocity Reviews

-   -   Validation Controls without JavaScript (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t102117-validation-controls-without-javascript.html)

Jon B 05-05-2005 10:22 PM

Validation Controls without JavaScript

Hi There!

I noticed that Validation Controls uses Client Side JavaScript to do that
validation. Will these controls still works on JavaScript disabled browsers?
How to validate on those situations?

Thanks!!!
Jon

Brock Allen 05-06-2005 12:29 AM

Re: Validation Controls without JavaScript

Yes, all of the validation controls always do server side validation, so
they have you covered :)

-Brock
DevelopMentor
http://staff.develop.com/ballen

Jon B 05-06-2005 01:30 AM

Re: Validation Controls without JavaScript

Damn! ASP.NET keep coming up with pleasant suprises!!

Thanks!!!
Jon

news:658922632509217327150304@msnews.microsoft.com ...

Bruce Barker 05-06-2005 08:21 PM

Re: Validation Controls without JavaScript

note: if javascript is disabled, the only .net controls that will postback
(fire click events) are <asp:button> and <asp:imagebutton>.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

"Jon B" <noemail@sorry.sorry> wrote in message
> Damn! ASP.NET keep coming up with pleasant suprises!!
>
> Thanks!!!
> Jon
>
> "Brock Allen" <ballen@NOSPAMdevelop.com> wrote in message
> news:658922632509217327150304@msnews.microsoft.com ...
>> Yes, all of the validation controls always do server side validation, so
>> they have you covered :)
>>
>> -Brock
>> DevelopMentor
>> http://staff.develop.com/ballen
>>

>>> Hi There!
>>>
>>> I noticed that Validation Controls uses Client Side JavaScript to do
>>> that validation. Will these controls still works on JavaScript
>>> disabled browsers? How to validate on those situations?
>>>
>>> Thanks!!!
>>> Jon