Velocity Reviews

-   -   How to display "No Rss feeds new availabe" when there are no FEEDS (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t101952-how-to-display-no-rss-feeds-new-availabe-when-there-are-no-feeds.html)

Patrick Olurotimi Ige 05-04-2005 01:10 AM

How to display "No Rss feeds new availabe" when there are no FEEDS

I'm using the Function below to get XML feeds
and calling the XML doc in

But if they are no availabe rss feeds i would like to display
"Sorry No Headlines/News at the moment"

Any ideas

page_load like:-

myXml.Document = getXML("http://www.crn.com.au/rss.aspx?SCID=9")

---------------------------------
Function getXML(ByVal sourceFile As String)
Dim myRequest As System.Net.WebRequest =
System.Net.WebRequest.Create(sourceFile)
Dim myResponse As System.Net.WebResponse =
myRequest.GetResponse()
Dim myReader As System.Xml.XmlTextReader = New
System.Xml.XmlTextReader(myResponse.GetResponseStr eam())
Dim doc As System.Xml.XmlDocument = New System.Xml.XmlDocument

doc.Load(myReader)
getXML = doc

myResponse.Close()

myReader.Close()

End Function

clintonG 05-04-2005 03:20 AM

Re: How to display "No Rss feeds new availabe" when there are no FEEDS

At the moment I would suggest researching the use of the AJAX
methodology --- A(synchronous) JA(vascript) X(ml) --- which will allow you
to refresh part of a page without a noticeable trip to the server (no page
flash and no page refresh).

<%= Clinton Gallagher
NET csgallagher AT metromilwaukee.com
URL http://metromilwaukee.com/

Patrick Olurotimi Ige 05-04-2005 11:50 PM

Re: How to display "No Rss feeds new availabe" when there are no FEEDS

Thanks ClntonG I had a look and it looks interesting alhtough i haven't
tested it yet
Patrick