Velocity Reviews

-   -   get user information (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t101619-get-user-information.html)

sck10 04-28-2005 05:56 PM

get user information

Hello,

I built a web site on our companies intranet. Is there a way to get the
user information (user name, machine name etc.) when a person views a web
page?

--
Thanks in advance,

sck10

Brock Allen 04-28-2005 06:33 PM

Re: get user information

If you're authenticating the user somehow then User.Identity.Name will get
thir name. For the other stuff, you can access Request.UserHostAddress and
Request.UserHostName.

-Brock
DevelopMentor
http://staff.develop.com/ballen

=?Utf-8?B?RWx0b24gVw==?= 04-29-2005 01:45 AM

RE: get user information

For intranet web application, you can use Windows authentication and deny
anonymous access. Then you can use Page.User.Identity.Name to determine user;
and use Page.User.IsInRole(strRole) to determines whether the current
principal belongs to the specified role.

HTH

Elton Wang
elton_wang@hotmail.com

Patrick Olurotimi Ige 04-29-2005 02:33 AM

RE: get user information

Make sure u deny Anonymous Access in IIS!

=?Utf-8?B?RWx0b24gVw==?= 04-29-2005 12:56 PM

RE: get user information

You can also deny anonymous Access for specific application in Web.config file.