Velocity Reviews

-   -   Beta2 - ASP.NET 2.0 & VSS (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t101520-beta2-asp-net-2-0-and-vss.html)

Sahil Malik [MVP] 04-27-2005 05:28 PM

Beta2 - ASP.NET 2.0 & VSS

We have a project under development using ASP.NET 2.0. Now the issue is that
there is a BIN directory under the www directory (www is where all the
aspx'es are). The web project references a whole bunch of other dlls, and
anytime any of those dlls change, VStudio 2005 attempts to check out the DLL
from the BIN directory - which doesn't work AT ALL in a multi user scenario.

Even worse, when you try doing a build, it tells you "Files being changed
during a build" - It's only those DLL and PDB files Vstudio, simmer down.

So my question - What the hell do I do to make VSS work with ASP.NET 2.0?

Thanks in advance.

- Sahil Malik [MVP]
http://codebetter.com/blogs/sahil.malik/

Roger Helliwell 04-28-2005 06:53 AM

Re: Beta2 - ASP.NET 2.0 & VSS

Hi Sahil,

This bug has been reported to the msdn.com site. The workaround is to
clear the 'read-only' flag for all files in your /bin folder. (All
your developers should do this as well.) Then cloak the /bin folder in
VSS.

Our team has almost come to blows over this. (The guy that checks out
the bin folder now has to buy beer for the rest of us.) All-in-all
this is a very frustrating problem. Are you listening Microsoft? :)

Roger

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 13:28:33 -0400 in
microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet, "Sahil Malik [MVP]"

Sahil Malik [MVP] 04-29-2005 11:15 AM

Re: Beta2 - ASP.NET 2.0 & VSS

Hey Roger,

Do you find it funny that the bug was reported by me? LOL :)

Yeah I agree - this is a RPITB to deal with (Royal Pain in the ..)