Velocity Reviews

-   -   Firefox tabs (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t10136-firefox-tabs.html)

James Bond 01-01-2005 02:20 PM

Firefox tabs

One of the first pages I ever accessed in Firefox (1.0) opens in a tab
everytime I start Firefox. I have closed it a dozen times, it just
will not go away.

Any ideas?

Ed Mullen 01-01-2005 04:52 PM

Re: Firefox tabs

James Bond wrote:

> One of the first pages I ever accessed in Firefox (1.0) opens in a tab
> everytime I start Firefox. I have closed it a dozen times, it just
> will not go away.
>
> Any ideas?

Is it the only page/tab that opens when you start FF? If so it's
probably set as your home page. Tools - Options - General and check
what's listed under the home page section.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net

James Bond 01-02-2005 03:16 PM

Re: Firefox tabs

No, it always comes up as the second tab. My start page (an excellent
one I btw - http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/astropix.html ) shows up
as the #1 (left) tab.

Ed Mullen 01-02-2005 04:21 PM

Re: Firefox tabs

James Bond wrote:

> No, it always comes up as the second tab. My start page (an excellent
> one I btw - http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/astropix.html ) shows up
> as the #1 (left) tab.
>
> On Sat, 01 Jan 2005 11:52:19 -0500, Ed Mullen <ed@edmullen.net> wrote:
>

>>James Bond wrote:
>>

>>>One of the first pages I ever accessed in Firefox (1.0) opens in a tab
>>>everytime I start Firefox. I have closed it a dozen times, it just
>>>will not go away.
>>>
>>>Any ideas?

>>Is it the only page/tab that opens when you start FF? If so it's
>>probably set as your home page. Tools - Options - General and check
>>what's listed under the home page section.

Ok. But I also suggested looking in Tools - Options to see exactly
what's listed for your home page. It's possible there are two URLs
there and that's why this is happening. Did you actually go check?

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net

James Bond 01-05-2005 06:32 PM

Re: Firefox tabs

Sorry, I missed that part of your earlier message. And, you were
absolutely right. Thanks.

I guess that is a quirky thing about Firefox and Tab browsing. If you
tell it you want the current page, it includes any open tabs.

Thanks again.

Ed Mullen 01-05-2005 10:11 PM

Re: Firefox tabs

James Bond wrote:

> Sorry, I missed that part of your earlier message. And, you were
> absolutely right. Thanks.
>
> I guess that is a quirky thing about Firefox and Tab browsing. If you
> tell it you want the current page, it includes any open tabs.
>
> Thanks again.
>
> On Sun, 02 Jan 2005 11:21:19 -0500, Ed Mullen <ed@edmullen.net> wrote:
>

>>James Bond wrote:
>>

>>>No, it always comes up as the second tab. My start page (an excellent
>>>one I btw - http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/astropix.html ) shows up
>>>as the #1 (left) tab.

>>Ok. But I also suggested looking in Tools - Options to see exactly
>>what's listed for your home page. It's possible there are two URLs
>>there and that's why this is happening. Did you actually go check?

Say you have several tabs open and you go to Tools - Options - General.
If you look closely in the dialogue the button has changed from "Use
Current Page" to "Use Current Pages". Very subtle and easy to miss.

Glad you got it solved. ;-)

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net