Velocity Reviews

-   -   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding. (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t101186-system-data-sqlclient-sqlexception-timeout-expired-the-timeout-period-elapsed-prior-to-completion-of-the-operation-or-the-server-is-not-responding.html)

Ersin Gençtürk 04-22-2005 09:36 AM

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.

we are getting :

System.Web.HttpUnhandledException: Exception of type
System.Web.HttpUnhandledException was thrown. --->
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Timeout expired. The timeout period
elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not
responding.
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(Com mandBehavior
cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
at Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.SqlHelper.Execute NonQuery(SqlConnection
connection, CommandType commandType, String commandText, SqlParameter[]
commandParameters)
at Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.SqlHelper.Execute NonQuery(String
connectionString, CommandType commandType, String commandText,
SqlParameter[] commandParameters)

errors , we are using sqldata access block 2.0 I have heard about some bugs
with connection opening / closing.I have changed the source code and put
connection close codes , but It didn't worked well.Is there any workaround
for this or any patch do you have ?

jmohanty2006 09-25-2007 07:33 AM

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior

While declaring the command object set the timeout property to some higher value.U can also set it it to 0 i.e. infinity.
SqlCommand cmd = new SqlCommand();
cmd.CommandTimeout=0;