Velocity Reviews

-   -   S l o o o w w to no web browsing (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t10055-s-l-o-o-o-w-w-to-no-web-browsing.html)

Robert 12-22-2004 03:57 PM

S l o o o w w to no web browsing

Lately, Firefox has been giving me the message about the web address could not
be found when I click on a bookmarked site. They worked OK previously but for
the last few days this error has come up more times than not.

FF hangs for a while and then tells me to check the address -- which I did and
they *are* correct* and unchanged -- and nothing connects.

I've made sure I am connected thru my DSL, my firewall allows FF to connect
and the sites work with IE. I checked the settings and such and none have
changed. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance or any help.

Z 12-22-2004 06:59 PM

Re: S l o o o w w to no web browsing

Robert wrote:
> Lately, Firefox has been giving me the message about the web address could not
> be found when I click on a bookmarked site. They worked OK previously but for
> the last few days this error has come up more times than not.

Most likely culprit: your ISP's primary DNS server