Velocity Reviews

-   -   do you know what would be good.... (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t10003-do-you-know-what-would-be-good.html)

toedipper 12-14-2004 11:59 PM

do you know what would be good....

If this is around all ready then apologies and tell me where it is, if not
then a good idea I think....

I have about 20 themes installed. Has anyone developed an add in/extension
that each time Firefox is opened it opens with a randomly chosen theme?

thanks,

td.

Jim Scott 12-15-2004 12:38 AM

Re: do you know what would be good....

toedipper wrote:

> If this is around all ready then apologies and tell me where it is,
> if not then a good idea I think....
>

> I have about 20 themes installed. Has anyone developed an add
> in/extension that each time Firefox is opened it opens with a
> randomly chosen theme?
>
> thanks,
>
> td.

Random theme switcher is there somewhere. I'll let you find it :o)
--
Jim

Tyneside - North East of England
To email me directly omit the X from my address

First Last 12-15-2004 01:12 AM

toedipper wrote:
> If this is around all ready then apologies and tell me where it is, if not
> then a good idea I think....
>

> I have about 20 themes installed. Has anyone developed an add in/extension
> that each time Firefox is opened it opens with a randomly chosen theme?
>
> thanks,
>
> td.

i don't recommend XPIs from the extension mirror, but i guess just this
once might not hurt. plus, this person has four extensions that pass
the tests and made it to update.mozilla.org. great idea. i'm going to
download some themes and see how i like this.

--
http://home.earthlink.net/~id3ntific...evolution.html

First Last 12-15-2004 01:12 AM

http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index...theme+switcher

Leonidas Jones 12-15-2004 01:32 AM

First Last wrote:
> toedipper wrote:
>
>> If this is around all ready then apologies and tell me where it is, if
>> not then a good idea I think....
>>

>> I have about 20 themes installed. Has anyone developed an add
>> in/extension that each time Firefox is opened it opens with a randomly
>> chosen theme?
>>
>> thanks,
>>
>> td.
>>

> i don't recommend XPIs from the extension mirror, but i guess just this
> once might not hurt. plus, this person has four extensions that pass
> the tests and made it to update.mozilla.org. great idea. i'm going to
> download some themes and see how i like this.
>
> http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index...theme+switcher

I don't /recommend/ them, but I do /use/ them.

The distinction being, they are all third party (well all extensions
are) and often modified by fourth parties to get them to work with newer
versions. You can never tell for sure who has been mucking with them.

That being said, I use them all the time, with excellent success. Its a
great source to get extensions that just don't appear at
update.mozilla.org, or are very slow to be updated. I don't recommend
them to new, inexperienced users, but I've been around long enough to
cope if problems arise.

(Oh no, I just opened FF and my profile is completely gone!!! Could it
have been that pleaseeatmyprofile.xpi that I installed from Extensions
Mirror last night?) ;)

Lee

Rod O'Connor 12-15-2004 02:20 AM

Re: do you know what would be good....

I've finally figured out why you people like FF over IE. You are all a bunch
of kiddies that want "themes", etc. What a bunch of losers! This is what you
"need" in a browser? You sorry idiots! This is the "features" you so badly
crave??

Leonidas Jones 12-15-2004 03:05 AM

toedipper wrote:
> If this is around all ready then apologies and tell me where it is, if not
> then a good idea I think....
>

> I have about 20 themes installed. Has anyone developed an add in/extension
> that each time Firefox is opened it opens with a randomly chosen theme?
>
> thanks,
>
> td.

Based on another post in this thread, I suggest, don't feed the trolls.

Lee

slack_vi 12-15-2004 03:16 AM

Rod O'Connor wrote:
> I've finally figured out why you people like FF over IE. You are all a bunch
> of kiddies that want "themes", etc. What a bunch of losers! This is what you
> "need" in a browser? You sorry idiots! This is the "features" you so badly
> crave??
>

> "toedipper" <send_rubbish_here734@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>If this is around all ready then apologies and tell me where it is, if not
>>then a good idea I think....
>>

>>I have about 20 themes installed. Has anyone developed an add
>>in/extension that each time Firefox is opened it opens with a randomly
>>chosen theme?
>>
>>thanks,
>>
>>td.

Are you being serrious? I only have a few themes installed. I use Noia
2.0 (lite) as my main theme but I would still use it even if it didn't
come with the ability to change its skins. I like the way it renders
pages, it's speed, stability, integrated popup blocker. No other
browser makes me feel as secure and make it as enjoyable as Firefox.

Andy 12-15-2004 03:30 AM

Re: do you know what would be good....

> I've finally figured out why you people like FF over IE. You are all a bunch
> of kiddies that want "themes", etc. What a bunch of losers! This is what you
> "need" in a browser? You sorry idiots! This is the "features" you so badly
> crave??

This is what you "need" to do with your time?

First Last 12-15-2004 03:41 AM

Leonidas Jones wrote:
> I don't /recommend/ them, but I do /use/ them.
>
> The distinction being, they are all third party (well all extensions
> are) and often modified by fourth parties to get them to work with newer
> versions. You can never tell for sure who has been mucking with them.
>
> That being said, I use them all the time, with excellent success. Its a
> great source to get extensions that just don't appear at
> update.mozilla.org, or are very slow to be updated. I don't recommend
> them to new, inexperienced users, but I've been around long enough to
> cope if problems arise.
>
> (Oh no, I just opened FF and my profile is completely gone!!! Could it
> have been that pleaseeatmyprofile.xpi that I installed from Extensions
> Mirror last night?) ;)
>
> Lee

yeah, ever since i had one to mess up my browser, i stopped going there
daily for new/updated extensions.