Your Uninstaller 2003

  1. VelocityReviews
    Introduction:

    Uninstalling things has always been a task done in the control panel for me and many of my friends then I got an email telling me about this application and it looked interesting so I volunteered to review it.

    [​IMG]

    Installation was simple the usual yes, accept, click, click thing. The program takes up approximately 1.51mb and the download was very small at 1.3mb.

    Then when I double clicked the application to run it I was surprised by an interesting message...

    [​IMG]

    WOW Just drag a program into the icon? Lets see if it works! So I installed a copy of Microsoft Money 97 onto my computer (really old CD I found) and dragged the icon onto the Your Uninstaller Icon.

    Then I am greeted with another dialogue box...

    [​IMG]

    So I clicked OK and then the Microsoft Money uninstaller came up...

    [​IMG]

    So I continued to uninstall Microsoft Money from my system and it worked perfectly and deleted everything like the wizard should do.

    So I then went back into Your Uninstaller to look for anything else it can do and I was delighted to see this...

    [​IMG]

    Now that looks much better than the default Windows XP uninstaller program!!! It allows you to look at the application info and change settings like Registered Owner, UninstallString and more! This is a great feature that could be handy if you needed to change these values for some reason!

    [​IMG]

    You can also check for bad entries by clicking AutoFix, Search for Applications by clicking Search, and much more!!

    There is also another feature I found called Startup Organizer where you can enable, disable, or add Startup Items. I found two entries in there that where old uninstalled programs that had left their garbage behind so I deleted them with ease.

    [​IMG]

    Conclusion:

    I would recommend this program for anybody that feels that the default uninstall utility that comes with Windows is not up to scratch or for the Power User who likes to fiddle with settings. I give this product a 9/10 and the Hardware HQ Seal of approval Because of its ease of use and the features it offers.

    Pros:
    • Lots of features
    • Ease of use
    Cons:
    • Not much documentation in the help file
    • Could be dangerous if you deleted something in the Startup Organizer that was needed or changed a variable that was not made to be changed in the AppInfo tool.

    Images

    1. appinfo.gif
    2. application.gif
    3. installation.gif