OCZ GameXStream 600W

  1. unholy
    Introduction

    OCZ Tech. has been around since 2000, and since then they have been bringing out some of the finest products you could possibly have, and during that time they have set the mark in performance memory options. OCZ has been awarded for some of the best Memory Modules and some being so over powered that they have no competitors.

    Today we have in our hot hands the new power supply unit from OCZ, the GameXStream. With its four 12volt rails and Active PFC I am going to enjoy test driving this beast.

    [​IMG]
    Packing and Contents

    The power supply is packed a box and the Cables are all together wrapped by a free handy Velcro strap.

    Contents:
    • The GameXStream Power Supply Unit
    • Velcro Strap
    • User Manual
    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]
    Testing Method

    The power supply unit listed above will be tested via loading it with a certain amount of resistance to impose a load upon a specific rail.

    Each rail will be tested at 6 load intervals.

    +12VDC (All rails) 0A, 2A, 4A, 6A, 8A, 10A
    +5VDC (All rails) 0A, 2A, 4A, 6A, 8A, 10A
    +3.3VDC (All rails) 0A, 4A, 8A, 12A, 16A, 20A

    The power supply will run on each load for 300 seconds (5 minutes) during this time a Voltmeter will record the Voltage every second for graphic representation and calculations.

    [​IMG]
    Results

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]
    Conclusion

    As you can see by the results of the tests, each rails stability is very strong, and the 3.3 volt rail is pretty much unbreakable. However the 5 volt rail has little instability flexing out past the ATX 2.2 specifications.

    Over all the power supply is extremely good, Quad 12 volt rails, 36 A 5 volt rail and 30 A 3.3 volt rail. As above this power supply is the best value for both efficiency and cost. At USD $0.199 pet watt and USD $1.445 per 1% efficiency.

    So if you’re looking for a kick ass power supply, that wont annihilate your budget. Then the OCZ GameXStream has got all you need for a cheap yet good price of USD $119.99.

    Pros (+):
    • Quad +12VDC rails
    • 83% Efficiency
    • Very Cost effective Product compared to competitors
    • Backed by a 3 year warranty
    • Gradual self controlled Fan
    • Small Chassis, will fit in pretty much any PC Chassis
    • Many connectors for all components
    • Supports both Dual Core and Dual Video Card
    Cons (-):
    • Only one colour Fan/Case
    • Wasting my life thinking of possible faults!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

    Images

    1. white.jpg
    2. 1013.jpg
    3. 1013t.jpg
    4. 1016.jpg
    5. 1016t.jpg
    6. 1018.jpg
    7. 1018t.jpg
    8. 1027.jpg
    9. 1027t.jpg
    10. 1028.jpg
    11. 1028t.jpg
    12. 1029.jpg
    13. 1029t.jpg
    14. 1034.jpg
    15. 1034t.jpg
    16. 1035.jpg
    17. 1035t.jpg
    18. 3R3v - 1,2 - All Loads.jpg
    19. 3R3v - 1,2 - All Loads - Jitter.jpg
    20. 5v - 1,2 - All Loads.jpg
    21. 5v - 1,2 - All Loads - Jitter.jpg
    22. 12v - 1,2,3 - All Loads.jpg
    23. 12v - 1,2,3 - All Loads - Jitter.jpg
    24. vr-1pb-award.JPG
    25. score-Main-10-10-10-10.jpg
    26. icon.jpg