Icemat 2nd Edition Mousepad

  1. VelocityReviews
    Introduction
    [​IMG]

    Thosefree cloth mouse pads you received with your computer just won't cut it anymorein today's world of precision and speed. Teflon, Metal, Glass, etc. surfaces areall out there for you to choose from in the mousing world. The Icemat is knownfor its cool glass look and awesome performance, yet it hasn't stopped there.Icemat has introduced the Icemat 2nd Edition.

    [​IMG]

    Specifications

    Contents, featuresand specifications can be found on Icemat's website.

    Size:300 x 250 x 3,2 mm
    Color Options: Black, Red, Blue, Yellow, Silver, White,Green, Purple
    Extras: Icemat PadSurfer

    Packagingand Contents

    [​IMG]

    The Icemat 2ndEdition comes packaged in a catchy white/blue box with the image of the Icemat2nd Edition in your color choice on the front. It list some details about theproduct, some of which are quite funny: "Looks Damn Cool." The box itself iswrapped in plastic to ensure you are getting a product that has not beentampered with.

    [​IMG] [​IMG]

    Since the Icemat2nd Edition is made out of glass, it is firmly packaged between two pieces offoam to keep it from the dangers of shipping. I'd like to mention that when theIcemat came to my door, I heard glass moving around in the box. Sadly it wasbroken, yet Icemat simply requires you to send either a picture of the brokenIcemat or the unit itself back to them, and they'll send you a newone.

    [​IMG]

    Inside the boxthere is Icemat's round pad surfers.

    Comparisons

    [​IMG] [​IMG]

    The sizeof the Icemat is large when comparing it to your free cloth mouse pad yet toanother high quality mouse pad, like the Razer eXactMat, it is just about thesame size.

    Testing

    [​IMG]

    To testout the Icemat 2nd Edition I pulled out the mice I had at hand. I'll be playinga wide selection of games, including Counter-Strike: Source, Battlefield 2, andUnreal Tournament 2004.

    [​IMG]

    TheSunbeamtech X-1300, with stock feet, slid all over the pad and had no problemsat all reading. Switching between 650 and 1300 dpi caused no problems withjitter either. This was an amazing experience.

    [​IMG]

    TheLogitech 4 button mouse had a few problems with the Icemat, this was only due tothe fact that I have lost all the original feet on the mouse, and some spots arestill sticky from the glue holding the feet on. It just caused the mouse tostick and jump because of the ultra smooth surface. Yet, I always use that mouseon my Razer eXactMat and I never have those kind of issues.

    [​IMG]

    The oldLogitech ball mouse worked fine in the beginning, yet once the pad picked up abit of sweat, the ball mouse became completely unresponsive.

    [​IMG]

    TheLogitech 4 button mouse was the mouse of choice to install and test the PadSurfers on, due to its lack of feet. Installation is simple, just pull off theback paper, and stick the pad onto your desired location. Installation of thePad Surfers enhanced its performance by four score. The Logitech performed evenbetter than the Sunbeamtech X-1300 had performed. Note this is the 2nd Editionof the Pad Surfers as well. The original Pad Surfers were just long strips youcut to your desired size.

    Conlusion

    Overall,the Icemat 2nd Edition is a good performer in the performance mouse pad market.Uniqueness, style, and performance all bring out good qualities in the Icemat2nd Edition.

    Thefrosted glass appearance of the Icemat is both unique and stylish, as there arevery few glass mouse pads out there today. It is also a great size, not toosmall, yet not too big. The downsides of the Icemat 2nd Edition is its lack of acarrying case (to prevent scratches during transportation), price and that it isalmost useless to ball mouse users.

    Images

    1. comparison1.jpg
    2. comparison2.jpg
    3. icemat.jpg